Playing around at the Night of Horror

For much of this year, I've been working with the Ohio Chapter of the Horror Writers Association. It's been fun, even if I don't have the highest of professional aspirations as a writer.  I've been able to meet some cool ass people as well as have some excuses to hang out with old friends. 

Case in point: the Night of Horror with the Ohio HWA at the Bexley Public Library in Columbus. It was your typical reading at a library, with the fun of horror stories added. Rami Ungar, who has been grinding like a motherfucker on getting the word out for his new novel, Rose, was there. Dressed as undead Alexander Hamilton, no less. I haven't read much of Tim McWhorter's work, but his dive into tales of dead baby spirits makes me want to get into it. Lucy Snyder read one of my favorite stories of her, which just so happens to be a part of Tor's new audio horror collection, Come Join Us By The Fire. I also read a silly riff on The Devil Went Down to Georgia featuring a recorder.

Some nice questions followed from the audience and it was, all around, a good time. You can check it out here, if you want to.

Comments