Recipe: Dog Biscuit



I love my puppies. They're the best puppies ever. You know I'm right, so stop arguing. I like to spoil them and making their treats helps me feel a bit more connected to the process of making them happy. Also, it gives me more control over ingredients , so I can make them a bit healthier and not feel so bad about spoiling them so much. Plus, they really like these and I love how excited they get.


I use a basic base and then change up the meat/peanut butter to give them some variety. You know your dog, use what works for them.


Ingredients:


base:
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup corn meal
4 tbsp cinnamon
½ cup shredded carrots
½ cup shredded broccoli stalks
1.5 cups wheat flour
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1 cup water


optional (recommend choosing one):
½ lb chorizo (including grease)
½ lb bacon (including gease)
½ cup peanut butter


Directions:
Step 1:
Put oats, cornmeal, cinnamon, carrots and broccoli in a large mixing bowl. Mix together.


Step 2:
Add chosen optional ingredient and mix thoroughly. Be sure any clumps ae broken up.


Step 3:
add flour, mix thoroughly.


Step 4:
Put eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Beat until consistency is relatively smooth.


Step 5:
Add egg/milk mixture to the rest of the ingredients. Then add water. Be sure to take it slow and mix as you go.


Step 6:
vigorously knead dough. It may take a bit to get the protein bonding the wheat.


*note: If it remains too sticky, feel free to work in more flour until the consistency works well for you. I also coat my hands in veg oil beforehand to make it a bit easier.


Step 7:
Grab bits based around how big of treats you want to make and smoosh them flat (about ¼ inch thick). Place them on a cookie sheet.

*note: Some people prefer to roll the dough and cut it with cookie cutters for fun and cool shapes. Do you, sweetness. I don't think the dogs care either way.*


Step 8:

Cook in oven for 40 minutes.

Seriously, how could you not want to make the best for these silly goofs.


Comments