Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Let's open this up, see what's inside.



Hi-dee-ho neighbors,

My friends all know that I get these ideas. Grand things that I think are really awesome. Usually, I realize how much they suck or that they will require more than I am capable of putting in and they fizzle off into nothing. The world as a whole is none the wiser and no one is irrevocably damaged in the process, so long as we ignore THE INCIDENT.*

Usually.

Every once and awhile, one seems worth pursuing. This is one. I’ve moved forward to creating my own review website: The Eviscerating Pen.**

I’ve gathered a team of solid individuals to work with me and our goal is fairly simple: wallow in our own subjectivity and tell any pretense of objectivity to take a running boomerang at itself. I’ve never been a fan of reviewers that try to pretend that their opinions are universal, as they come off as self-important dickwads. That part isn’t all that original, I know.

However, I haven’t seen any review sites that dependably focus on cover art, even though that is, to me, a vital part of the experience of a book, album or movie. This will provide an opportunity to celebrate those who put serious effort into such an overlooked, yet important, craft. We’ll also have a regular artist spotlight to provide detailed information on our favorite visual artists.
I’m not certain how this is going to work out, but I’m sure it will be fun.

As a last note, I want to thank Piper Morgan, Greg Hermes and Lawrence Resetarits for backing me in this. Maybe, one day, We will be able to set up advertising and I can pay your asses what you deserve.

*which never occurred. According to all legal, professional and private individuals, nothing, whatsoever, happened to that mackerel.
**credit due to Tim Deal and Shroud Publishing, as I stole the name (with permission) from my first and only Hiram Award I received from them years ago.

2 comments:

  1. But, those opinions ARE universal! No one could possibly see it deferently! Where's your unconditional support for your writers! Dickwads are highly misunderstood in today's society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Lillith. I rescind my previous comments, at least in regards to what you say. However, I will require much beer in return. and not that burnt-leaves tasting shit you buy for yourself.

    ReplyDelete