Super nano writing month

Welcome to November, friends and neighbors. That time of year while we are supposed to grow out facial follicles and sprout words like a garden drowning in miracle grow.

I know myself well enough to be very doubtful when it comes to the possibility of creating a novel, but I've decided to push myself harder than I am used to doing. Just to see if I can do it. At this past year's Context, a very simple challenge was issued to me by someone who would hear nothing of my whining about lack of writing.

Write 250 words a day.

Hell, I thought, that's easy enough. So easy that I never got around to doing it. Now I am and I have been reasonably successful. So far, I am sitting at roughly 2700 words written this month. If I keep it up, I'll have at least 7500 words written by the end of the month. Paltry compared to those of you kicking out more than that in the course of a work week, but a milestone of dedication for me.

So, if you are a friend or even an acquaintance, feel free to ask me where the hell my 250 is any time you see me this month. I need to keep my ass in gear.

Comments