Do they serve sannakji hoe in the states?



So, the Oldboy remake, which has been in the works for a few years now, is ready to drop its first trailer. Redband even. I’m not sure what to think about it.

Yeah, I enjoyed the original. It was odd, mean and perfectly willing to ick out the audience. I also liked how it played with the cycle of revenge and methodology of vengeance. It was some ballsy fun and I had a heck of a time with it. 

Mostly, I’m concerned about the two central pieces around which this revenge drama centers. Either you know what I’m talking about, or you need to see the film. It’s on Netflix streaming, so I’m sure you can get to it easily enough.  I will be surprised if they both appear in their original form, given how touchy we Mur’kan audiences can be. Or at least how touchy studio heads seem to think we are.

Spike Lee directed it. I'm pretty cheesed about that. He’s proven several times that he’s willing to go to some uncomfortable places. 

Then again, screenplay was done by Mark Protosevich, who wrote the screenplay for I Am Legend. I’ve heard that he originally went with the real ending from the book, which provides promise. Of course, we all know what ended up on the screen.

Then there is the poster art they are sending around. It looks like it belongs to a romantic comedy about a spy or some other odd growth. If the movie is authentic, that is going to draw in people with entirely wrong ideas. 
for comparison.


Actually, that might be kinda funny.

Comments