Sucks to My Bullshit

Well, my life has been rather shitty of late. On personal and financial fronts, it has seemed to be collapsing on itself. But there have been good things to help balance it out:

“Beautiful Things” (about the deteriorating relationship between a father and son, with zombies) is in the upcoming issue of Shroud (available for preorder here). Tim Deal ran me through the wringer on this story. Twice. His brutality and honesty resulted in a story I'm damn proud of. The man is a hell of an editor.

“The Morning Ritual” (exploring the savagery underneath the facade of civility) is up on Title Goes Here's May digital edition. I'm digging how they've split the digital and print editions, providing unique experiences for each and I'm happy to be a part of it. Plus, its free. You have no excuse for not at least giving it a chance.

I think I'm done with editing a new story dealing with the vampirism and isolation integral to the creation of art that will probably be my grand attempt at rejection from Weird Tales. A friend and pre-reader called it sexy and tripcicle.

With that in mind, life can go take a running fuck at itself. I'll still break down, I might find myself crying in the fetal position or punching the odd wall, but I'll still be here. Dammit if that isn't enough.

Comments