I Think I might Cry...

I won't take up too much of your time on this one, but I has good news from the land of the me. Just look at this puppy here:


If you follow the tastefully done list of names along the raven-birther's hair, you'll notice the first time I've ever made a magazine's cover. Not only that, but I'll be sharing the same general space-time slot as Brian Keene (don't bother pretending you don't know him), Scott Christian Carr (Hiram Grange and the Twelve Little Hitlers) and Eric Red.

Yep, you saw right. Eric goddamn motherfucking Red. The original Hitcher had a profound effect on me the first time I saw it and still does every time I watch it to this day and Near Dark was vampires, violent and bloody and dirty well before 30 Days of Night. More recently, I dug the crap out of 100 Feet. It was a solid ghost story that took an interesting American approach to the J horror thing. Holy Crap.

Buy the issue for that stuff, and for the fact that Shroud always puts out quality work. But while you're there, you might as well read “Beautiful Things”, a heartwarming little tale of a man and his son in a world overrun by the undead. I'm quite proud of this work, especially after the rewrites Tim Deal suggested, which made it a much stronger and streamlined piece.

Comments

Post a Comment