Anger Management and Poor Word Choices at Stokercon

Over this past weekend's Stokercon (a thoroughly great experience, by the way), I had the opportunity to get interviewed by professional madman Scott Edelman for his podcast, Eating the Fantastic. It was fun, but I realized I answered a question entirely wrong. 

He asked me what my favorite experience at a con was and I rambled for a bit about getting to hang out with goddess-tied-rudely-to-this-mundane-plane Linda Addison. While that was marvelous and will likely leave me forever altered, my answer was erroneous.


On further thought, the honest answer is that my favorite memory of a con is held in the relationships I've built from them. Sure, there have been some nifty professional opportunities that have arisen over the years. Nope, I'm talking about the actual, real life, full on friendships that extend to every part of my life.

If it wasn't for cons, I would never have met my down as fuck homie Steven  or cuddle buddy Sarah. I did talk to Lucy online some, but probably would never have gotten to know her as the awesome human being she is. I wouldn't have gotten to know the Maurice behind the public persona, let alone Sally.
I wouldn't have hung out with Janice and Jim, who regularly invite me to their home and are just the best. Janet, right? JANET! and Gary.
I wouldn't even know Donna. I mean, what the fuck, right? Or Kevin or Matt or Nayad or Chesya or Ashley or Diana or Jerry or Dee or Ken or Michael or Michael or Jessica or Michael or Mandisa or Tim or Megan or McKenzie.
From the hardcore ride-or-dies to the chill as fuck badasses, my life is much better for your presence in my life. 

As corny as it is, I mean it whole heartedly: my favorite memory from any of the cons I've been to is you.

But still, check out my idiotic rambling here.

Comments